I am a local candidate, I was born and went to school in the Nottingham North constituency and still run a business nearby. Despite leaving school at 16, I completed my education at the Open University gaining a qualification in Business Management, something that helps me fulfil my other role, as a Business Consultant, predominantly assisting small businesses and charities, based in the local community.
I have spent many years in the textile and crafts industries, fulfilling various roles including Sales Director, Operations Director and Managing Director. I have had my own business for 16 years and have worked in many Countries, including; India, China, The United States, South Korea, Germany, Poland and Russia.
I also volunteer for several local charities; these include a sporting charity that helps young people in Nottinghamshire raise their self‐esteem, improve their mental health and avoid crime through sport. I am also a Trustee of a charity that provides day care services for the sufferers of dementia.
During the Referendum I campaigned in the constituency for Brexit, and helped Nottingham North vote by 63.8% to 36.2% to exit the EU. I am currently Deputy Chairman of the Gedling Conservative Association. As the MP for Nottingham North, I will prioritise:
* Investment and job creation in the community.
* Getting our share of the 20,000 new police officers to help cut violent and petty crime in the area.
* Deliver Brexit so we can move on and unleash Britain’s huge potential.
* Continue to invest and develop our fantastic NHS.
* Ensure our excellent local schools get the promised extra funding.
All things that are at the heart of my local community.